What is a cookie?
A cookie is a piece of data that is stored on a computer, tablet or mobile when you browse the Internet which allows that computer, tablet or mobile device to be recognised when the site is visited again. Cookies placed by us, our commercial partners or other third parties when you visit this website do not recognise you personally; they recognise the device you are using. Cookies allow several important features on the website, such as making bookings and returning to pages that you have searched. They also help to keep the website secure, remember your preferences and personalise content on the website so that it is more relevant to you – they won’t harm your device in any way.
Our cookies policy
It is up to you whether or not you allow cookies to be placed on your device, and you have control over whether or not to allow them.
What happens if I don’t allow cookies?
If cookies aren’t enabled on your device, your experience on the website may be limited. You may not have the opportunity to access various functionalities and features of the website.
How do I disable or enable cookies?
You will need to disable or enable cookies via your internet browser. For information on how to manage cookies your tablet or mobile, please take a look at your device’s documentation, or online help files. Here is some info about how to manage cookies in your browser:
- • In the settings menu, select ‘show advanced settings’ at the bottom of the page
- • Select the ‘content settings’ button in the privacy section
- • The top section of the page that then appears tells you about cookies and allows you to set the cookies you want. It also allows you to clear any cookies currently stored.
- • In the tools menu, select ‘options’
- • Select the privacy tab in the options box
- • From the dropdown choose, ‘use custom settings for history’. This will bring up the options for cookies and you can choose to enable or disable them by clicking the tick box.
Internet Explorer 6+
- • In the ‘Tools’ menu, select ‘Internet options’
- • Click on the ‘privacy’ tab
- • You will see a ‘privacy settings’ slider which has six settings that allow you to control the number of cookies that will be placed: Block All Cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low, and Accept All Cookies.
- • In the settings menu, select the ‘preferences’ option
- • Open the privacy tab
- • Select the option you want from the ‘block cookies’ section